Under the Sea Themed Tutorials:
Crab coming soon
Lobster coming soon
Sea Turtle coming soon
Sting Ray coming soon
Of all sea creatures I made for this theme, the sea horse has got to be the cutest of them all. I mean, so seriously cute!
I hope the others aren't jealous. I love you all sea creatures, it's just the you, my dearest sea horse is just so adorable standing on the back of the cake looking like you just want to swim away, hahaha! Anyway, before our little sea horse here walks away, let me know you how I made it.
Fondant Sea Horse Tutorial
What we need:
Fondant in pink (or any color you'd like for your Sea Horse), white
Fondant tools (like the halfmoon, the shell and the small ball tool)
Black pearl dragees
Brush for the gel paste
Water and brush to glue things together
(1) Roll the pink fondant in an oval shape.(2) Segment them in two portions, the head and the body.
(3) For the head, shape it like a pear shape. For the body, shape the end like a tail.
(4) Curl the tail inwards.
(5) Using the halfmoon tool, create a scale-like effect on the body of the sea horse. Roll a small but a bit long cylinder, with one end smaller than the other. Press the shell tool on it. Attach it to the back of the sea horse.
(6) For the fins, roll 2 small orange fondant balls and press the shell tool on it.
(7) Again, roll a small but a bit long cylinder, with one end smaller than the other. Press the shell tool on it. Attach this on to the back of the head.
(8) Add more details like smle and the eyes.
There you have it! Hope you like it, everyone! :)